Paksiw na Pata Recipe
This classic dish uses the taste and texture of pork hock slowly cooked in vinegar and soy sauce with sugar and garlic, infused with Knorr seasoning.
This one pot dish is simple to prepare and cook, but you need to monitor the liquid and pour additional water if needed, to prevent the meat from sticking to the pot, stir once in a while.
- 1 kg. pork pata, ask your butcher to slice it into serving pcs
- 4 cups water
- 1 pc. Knorr Pork Cube
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 pcs. bay leaves
- whole black peppercorns
- Another reason why you should cook this dish more often is because it’s so easy and delicious. All you need to do is combine all the ingredients in a pot and cover. Turn your heat up to high so you can let it boil.
- When the liquid starts boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and slowly cook the pork until it is fork tender and the sauce is syrupy.
- Now, it’s really up to you if you want more sauce in your dish. Just add water for a more liquid sauce and add more seasoning according to your taste. That’s it! Our Paksiw na Pata is done!
- You will definitely need more rice because when you serve this Paksiw na Pata Recipe to your family, they’ll surely be asking for more!