Beef Stroganoff Recipe
This dish uses well seasoned beef sirloin slices mixed with flavors of the thickened heavy cream infused with flavors of garlic, onions and button mushrooms
When heating milk or cream, avoid heating the cream rapidly to prevent it from boiling. Only use low - med heat, when heating sauces with cream to avoid curdling.
- ½ kg. beef sirloin, sliced into ½-inch thick
- 1/4 cup Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose cream
- 1 pc Knorr Beef Cube
- 15 g cornstarch dissolved in 45 ml water
- Let’s give this beef a power punch of flavour by marinating it in Knorr Liquid Seasoning for at least an hour. Then, set this aside.
- Now, get a pan nice and hot over medium high heat. Pour some oil and melt margarine. Throw in the onions, garlic and mushroom. Sauté them until the vegetables give off a nice aroma before removing them from the pan.
- Into the same pan, brown the marinated beef slices over high heat. Slowly pour the cream and drop in the Knorr Beef Cube, and the sautéed onion mixture. Make sure that the heat is low or it will break the cream. Simmer until the beef is cooked through.
- For a thick sauce, add a slurry mixture (cornstarch dissolved in water) over low heat and that’s our dish! Don’t forget to check the seasoning by tasting.
- Beef Stroganoff is truly a dish to remember. So, take this recipe and keep it in your collection for many more family dinners to come!
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy
- Wheat Free