This Visayan classic stew dish uses the rich flavors and textures of pork belly and pork innards combined with sweet and sour taste of pineapples and calamansi
Pineapples and calamansi are full of vitamin C which supports the immune system and provides antioxidant benefits.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 pc. onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup pork belly, sliced
- ½ cup pork heart, sliced
- ½ cup pork liver, sliced
- ¼ cup calamansi juice
- 1½ cups water
- 1 pc. Knorr Pork Cube
- 1½ cups pineapple tidbits
- 1 pc. green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 pc. red bell pepper, sliced
- Begin by getting your pan nice and hot over medium high heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onion and garlic and cook them until you can smell the lovely aroma from the vegetables.
- Place the pork belly, heart, then the liver in and sauté them until half cooked. Pour calamansi juice before adding the water.
- You have to bring the liquid to a boil then throw in the Knorr Pork Cube and mix well.
- Now, here’s when you have to add the pineapple and bell peppers in. Give it another minute to simmer. Also, you may check the taste of this dish from time to time to make sure it’s just right! Finally, you are done!
- Have it as “pulutan” or as a main dish. The more you eat this dish, the more it will grow on you.