Ampalaya Con Carne Recipe
This dish combines the slightly bitter taste Ampalaya with the rich taste of beef, sautéed and mixed with tausi cooked in soy-based thick sauce.
To reduce the bitterness of Ampalaya, try soaking the sliced Ampalaya in salted water for 30 minutes, then wash it in cold water before adding to your dish.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 pc red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ kg beef loin, sliced into strips
- 1 pc. ampalaya
- ¼ cup tausi, drained
- ¼ cup Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ tbsp cornstarch
- 1½ cups water, add as needed
- ground black pepper
- Ampalaya may have a bitter reputation but if prepared properly, it could be very addicting and delicious. You can eat as much without the guilt because it’s very nutritious.
- Let’s begin by slicing the ampalaya lengthwise. Remove the inner white parts then slice into 1/4-inch thick pieces crosswise. By soaking it in salted water for 30 minutes, you can reduce the bitter taste of the ampalaya. After 30 minutes, discard the water and drain the vegetable.
- Meanwhile, get another medium pan nice and hot and turn it up to medium heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onion and garlic and sauté them until the vegetables give off a nice aroma.
- Gently place the beef loin and sauté for a minute over high heat. Remove the meat and set aside.
- Next, in the same pan, add the ampalaya and sauté for a minute. Add the tausi next followed by the soy sauce, Knorr Liquid Seasoning and cornstarch dissolved in 1 ½ cups of water (add more if needed), and pepper.
- Finally, add the beef back and allow the sauce to simmer for a minute and that’s our dish!
- Now, taste and adjust the seasoning before serving to your hungry and waiting family. You will simply enjoy eating this Ampalaya Con Carne Recipe. Nutritious and tasty, after all, is our specialty!
- Without milk
- Egg Free
- Lactose Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy