Sizzling Pepper Steak Recipe
This resto-style dish is simple to make and yet is so delicious. It combines the rich flavor of seasoned beef steak mixed with corn and pepper sauce.
Surprise your family by giving your dish some restaurant appeal. It would be nice if you can serve this on a cast iron skillet or hot plate to achieve that restaurant feel in your home.
- For the pepper steak:
- 1 tbsp oil
- cooked rice, as needed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 kg lean beef, sliced thinly, marinated in 1 pc. Knorr Beef Cubes, mashed in 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels, drained from liquid
- 1 tbsp spring onions, chopped
- freshly cracked black pepper, as needed
- For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 pc onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp brown sugar or honey
- 3 tbsp Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- Before we get to the dish, we need to make the sauce. Pour all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring this to a small simmer until it becomes thick. Set this aside.
- Place your cast iron skillet over high heat and pour the oil once you see that it’s smoking hot. Place one cup of cooked rice in the center with a tablespoon of butter on top and then turn off the heat, this makes 1 serving. This recipe is good for 2-3 servings.
- Arrange the beef slices, corn kernels and spring onions around the skillet then sprinkle generously with fresh cracked black pepper.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the rice and voila! Enjoy a restaurant style feast with your family.
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy
- Wheat Free