This soup dish uses the fresh garden flavors of ginger, turmeric, and lemongrass combined with the creamy taste of Knorr Ginataang Mix, tossed in rice noodles.
When cooking with coconut milk (gata), make sure that you don't let the soup to boil for a long time after adding the coconut milk, or else it might curdle and breakup during cooking.
- Laksa Paste:
- 100 grams small shallots, peeled
- 30 g fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 8 green bird’s eye chilis, stalks removed
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh turmeric
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 30 grams coriander stalks, leaves reserved for garnish
- 4 stalks lemongrass, white part only, sliced
- ½ tablespoon coriander powder
- ½ tablespoon cumin powder
- For the soup:
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 6 cups boiling water
- 2 (40g) pack Knorr Ginataang Gulay Mix
- 300 grams rice vermicelli
- 150 grams bean sprouts
- 12- 15 pcs medium-sized shrimps
- 1 pack fish balls (about 20 pcs)
- 200 grams fresh firm tofu, chopped into 2-centimeter squares
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
You may use a store-bought Laksa paste or mix instead of making from scratch for convenience. Use about 60 grams of store-bought paste/mix and add 1-1/2 tbsp of store-bought curry paste. Saute as instructed and follow the rest of the procedure.