Slow-cook some beef brisket, chorizo, fresh vegetables, saba, and potatoes, toss in a Knorr Beef Cube, and delight in this easy cocido recipe.
When boiling brisket, remember to remove the scum from the surface of the water every now and then, to ensure your soup will be nice and clear. This process is called skimming.
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 pc. onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 pcs. chorizo, sliced
- 1½ L water
- ½ kg beef brisket, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1- 2 pcs. Knorr Beef Cube
- 3 pcs. potatoes, cut into large cubes
- ¼ cup garbanzos
- 2 pcs. saba, sliced
- 6 pcs. green beans, cut into 2 ½-inch lengths
- ¼ pc. cabbage, sliced
- ground black pepper
- Let’s begin by getting a nice pot and making it hot over medium high heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onion and garlic. Toss in the chorizo next and just sauté them until you can smell the lovely aroma from the cooked meat and vegetables.
- Add the water and beef brisket and just bring this to a boil before reducing to a simmer until beef is very tender.
- Drop the Knorr Beef Cubes and gently place the potatoes, garbanzos, and saba next. Just give this a few minutes until the vegetables are cooked before adding the green beans and cabbage.
- Simmer again for another 2 minutes, and with a dash of pepper, this dish is done!
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy
- Wheat Free