Sinigang na Bulalo Recipe
This dish uses the rich and flavorful taste of beef combined with fresh vegetables, mixed with the sour and tangy tamarind based sour soup.
To keep the beef nice and tender, monitor the heat when boiling the beef. Initially bring the liquids to rapid boil, then cover the pot and lower the heat to simmer, or until gently boil is achieved. Allow the soft and gently boil to tenderize the meat.
- 350- 400 g beef bone in shank with meat
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- ¼ cup white onions, diced
- water as needed
- 1 (40g) pack Knorr Sinigang Original Mix
- 4 pcs. finger peppers
- ½ tbsp calamansi juice
- 2 tbsp achuete
- fish sauce to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup fresh red and green cabbage leaves
- First, let's season the beef with salt and pepper. Next, get a pot and make it nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and sear beef on both sides. Once brown, remove seared beef and set it aside.
- Using the same pot, throw in the onions then pour the water. Add the seared beef into the pot. Add enough water to cover the meat.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to simmer until beef is fork tender. Add water if needed.
- Once the beef is tender, add Knorr Sinigang Original Mix then add the finger pepper and calamansi juice.
- Using a strainer with the achuete, laddle broth to the strainer until broth turns into orange. Discard used achuete.
- Season with fish sauce and pepper before adding the cabbage leaves. Give this another minute or two to simmer. And that's it.
- Serve hot and Enjoy!
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy