Chicken Pesa Recipe
This dish combines the rich taste of chicken with the spiced and smooth flavor of the ginger broth, served with fresh vegetables and potatoes.
Ginger is a rich source of nutrients and antioxidants that may help reduce and prevent arthritis, inflammation and other types of infection.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 pc medium onion
- 2 pc ginger, peeled and sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ kg chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 2- 2½ cups rice water
- 1 pc large potato
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- 2 pcs Knorr Chicken Cube
- 2 cups repolyo leaves
- 1½ cup pechay leaves
- Let's begin by getting a medium pot and make it nice and hot over high heat. Add the oil and sauté the garlic, onions and ginger until you can smell the nice aroma coming from the vegetables.
- Add the chicken pieces and sauté until the skin is brown.
- Add rice water, potatoes, peppercorn. Bring this slowly to a boil then lower the heat to simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Once the chicken is soft and tender, add in the Knorr Chicken cubes, repolyo and pechay leaves. Continue to simmer until all the vegetables are tender.
- Serve hot! When you sip into this warm and comforting soup, this will remind you of home.
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy
- Wheat Free