Beef Nilaga in Tanglad Recipe
This dish uses the rich flavor of beef combined with the sweet flavor and aroma of lemongrass infused in the beef broth mixed with fresh vegetables.
When simmering the beef, remember to skim the top of the liquid to remove the scum and impurities that rise up to the top of the liquid to keep our soup nice and clear.
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp yellow ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp Tanglad stems, bruised
- oil for sautéing
- 1/2 kilogram beef, cut into small cubes
- 5 cups water
- 2 pcs Knorr Beef Cubes
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 50 g sotanghon noodles
- To taste ground pepper
- to taste patis
- Let’s begin by getting our medium pot nice and hot over medium high heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onions, ginger and tanglad. Sauté until you can smell the lovely aroma from the cooked vegetables.
- Stir in the beef next then followed by the water and your trusty flavor partner, Knorr Beef Cubes. Just bring to a boil then lower the heat to simmer. When the meat is tender, drop in the carrots and sotanghon noodles. For that Thai flair, use Hofan noodles instead of sotanghon then add siling labuyo, chopped wansuy leaves and Thai basil leaves.
- Finally, gently place the cabbage in then simmer for a few minutes before turning off the heat. There you have it! Our dish is done!
- With the aroma of Thailand filling your home, you can count on your whole household being very excited. Don’t let them wait any longer. Let them enjoy this Beef Nilaga in Tanglad recipe! They will surely thank you for it.