Almondigas Oriental Recipe
This dish combines the rich flavor of pork meatballs with the creamy oriental-style shrimp egg soup mixed with boiled quail eggs.
You can place the prepared meat balls in the chiller to help it keep its shape. You can also slightly fry the meatballs in a little oil until the outer shell turns light brown before adding them to the soup. This method adds more flavor and texture to the final dish.
- 1 pc medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 pcs Knorr Shrimp Cubes
- 1/2 kilogram ground pork
- 1 pc egg, yolk and whites separated
- 12 pcs quail eggs, boiled and peeled
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- There are actually 2 parts in making this dish. First, you’ve got to make your soup and second, you need to make your meatballs or Almondigas.
- To make the soup, begin by getting your pot nice and hot and turn it to medium high heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onion before adding 1 cup of water and Knorr Shrimp Cubes. Next, stir this gently until the cubes dissolve and the broth turns golden yellow in color. Bring this to a boil before allow it to simmer.
- Let’s now put together the ground pork, egg yolk, salt and pepper in a bowl and form them into meatballs. Mold and shape them into small sized balls then drop them in the boiling stock together with the quail eggs. Now we’re near the step that will make the mixture to make this soup creamier. In another bowl, mix the egg white, evaporated milk, remaining 3 cups of water and pour these to the boiling stock. Over low heat, simmer until the meat is cooked through.
- Finally, you are done! You will always come home to this timeless classic because Almondigas Oriental Recipe is truly soothing.