Minestrone Soup (Italian Style) Recipe
This classic Italian soup dish uses the flavors and textures of beans mixed with the rich flavors of ham and fresh vegetables, simmered in Knorr Beef broth.
Green beans and string beans contains a lot of healthy vitamins and nutrients that help prevent cancer, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
- 2 cups red beans or white beans
- 4 cups water
- 8 tbsp cooking oil or olive oil
- 1/4 cup garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup ham or bacon
- 3 pc medium carrot, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 pc large potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 10 pcs medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups green beans, cut into 1/2 inch length
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups tomato sauce
- 3 pcs Knorr Beef Broth Cube
- 6 tbsps Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 3 pcs bay leaf
- 3 tsps dried basil or fresh basil
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- Begin by boiling the beans in a pot filled with water until tender. Drain and set this aside.
- Get a nice casserole ready and make it hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and sauté garlic and onions.
- Add ham (or bacon), carrots and potatoes and cook for 5 minutes before adding the tomatoes, green beans, and celery and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour about 4 cups of water, tomato sauce, Knorr Beef Broth Cube, and Knorr Liquid Seasoning. Stir then add in the bay leaf and basil leaves. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Gently add in the beans and macaroni noodles and just simmer for 10 minutes more and that’s our soup. The kitchen smells nice because of the wonderful aroma that Minestrone Soup brings. Wait until you dry this dish! You will definitely ask your mom to cook this more often at home.