Almondigas with Upo in Sotanghon Recipe
This heart healthy dish uses the flavorful taste of Knorr Shrimp broth combined with homemade pork and shrimp Almondigas, served mixed with Upo and sothanghon
Upo (Bottle Gourd) is a vegetable that is very heart healthy, and it also reduces liver inflammation and can help to lower blood pressure.
- 1/4 kilo ground pork
- 1/2 kilo shrimp, shelled and chopped
- 1 tbsp green onion
- 1 pc egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 pcs Knorr Shrimp Cubes
- 1 pc medium-sized upo, sliced
- 1/4 cups sotanghon noodles, soaked in water and cut into 6-inch length
- Start by mixing in a bowl, the ground pork, shrimps, green onion and egg. Shape into small balls about the size of a big calamansi. Place in the ref to set.
- Get a large pot and make it nice and warm over medium-high heat, then add the oil and start by sautéing garlic and onion until brown in color and aromatic. Gradually add water and Knorr Shrimp Cubes. Stir until the broth is completely seasoned and turns golden for full flavor.
- Next, drop the meatballs into the boiling broth. Boil then it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add upo slices, cover and cook until veggies are done. Add sotanghon and remove from fire once done. And that's it.
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Wheat Free