Sinigang sa Pakwan Recipe
This classic dish combines rich taste of pork mixed with fruity flavor of watermelon served with garden fresh vegetables cooked in a clear tamarind broth.
When boiling the pork, remember to skim the top of the liquid to remove the impurities and scum coming from the pork. Skimming will also prevent the broth from being cloudy and help it become clear.
- 1 kg. pork spareribs, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 pcs red onions, quartered
- 4 pcs native tomatoes, quartered
- 2 litres water
- 1 kg. watermelon, peeled, seeded, cut into chunks
- 2 pcs gabi, peeled, cut into cubes
- 2 (40g) Knorr Sinigang sa Sampaloc Mix Original
- 2 pcs long green chilli
- 1 bundle long beans (sitaw), cut into 2½" lengths
- 1 bundle water spinach (kangkong), cut into 2½" length
- Get a pot and combine the pork, onions, tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the pork is fork-tender, about 30 mins.
- Next, Add in the watermelon and gabi to the pot. Continue to simmer until the gabi is tender and the watermelon is starting to blend into the soup. This will take about 30 more minutes to make sure your meat is tender and flavorful.
- Add Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Original and vegetables starting with the chilies and sitaw as these cook longer followed by the kangkong. Stir well and simmer until vegetables are cooked through. Adjust seasonings according to taste. And that's it. Serve hot and enjoy.
- Without milk
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy