Sinigang na Lechon Kawali Recipe
This dish combines the sour and tangy flavors of tamarind soup mixed with fresh vegetables and the crispy texture of the Pork Belly.
Tamarind contains a lot of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help protect against diseases such as heart disease, cancer and diabetes. Studies show that it can also lower blood pressure and help in losing body weight.
- 4 cups rice washing (add more if needed) (hugas bigas)
- 3 pcs onions, quartered
- 4 pcs native tomatoes, quartered
- 2 pcs. long green chili
- 1 pack Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original
- 4 pcs okra, sliced into half
- 1/2 pcs radish, cut into ½-inch thick rounds
- 1/2 bunch kangkong, sliced into 2-inch length
- 1/2 kg lechon kawali, cubed
- In a large pot, we start by combining the rice waching ("hugas bigas”), onions and tomatoes. Bring this slowly to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer for 8 minutes to release the aroma and flavors.
- For the next step, throw in the chilli, Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original, radish, and okra. Bring these to a boil, then you may lower the temp to continue simmer for 2 minutes.
- Finally, add the cooked cubed lechon kawali and kangkong go in to the pot. Give this a good minute to simmer and it’s done! Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- This is another winning dish you need to try at home. All you need is a platter full of rice! Yum!
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy