Filipino Classic Pancit Molo
The comforting flavors of pork and shrimp mix together to create a depth of flavor that stands out in this humble and heart healthy soup dish.
When making your individual molo dumplings, remember not to overfill the wrappers. You need to leave space for you to close the wrapper properly from all side to prevent them from breaking apart while cooking.
- 1/4 ground pork
- 1 pc egg, beaten
- 3 pcs Knorr Shrimp Broth Cubes
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup singkamas, minced
- 20 pcs molo wrappers (cut 8 pcs into strips)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 pc small onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced and fried
- 3 -4 cups water
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp spring onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced and fried
- There are 2 parts in making this dish. Let's start by making the dumplings. Combine pork, egg (dissolve 1 Knorr Shrimp Broth Cube in beaten egg), cornstarch and singkamas into a bowl. mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Wrap a teaspoon of mixture into the molo wrapper and seal by brushing the edges with water.
- Next, we start making the broth. Get a pan and make it nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and sauté onion and garlic.
- Add water and the remaining Knorr Shrimp Broth Cube and just bring this to a boil. Mix until the cube is dissolved. Lower the heat then drop in the molo dumplings and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add strips of molo wrappers and adjust according to taste. After simmering for another minute, this dish is done. Serve with a sprinkle of spring onions and fried garlic on top.
- Pancit Molo will remind you of home. Comforting, filling and will definitely warm your belly.