Easy Pinoy Salted Egg Prawns
Dive into this rich and fragrant Singaporean inspired, Salted Egg Prawns; deep fried and coated with butter, salted egg, curry leaves and Knorr Shrimp Cube.
Tips of how to clean shrimp: Use a small knife or a pairing knife, and may a small cut at the back of the shrimp all the way down to the tail. Use the tip of the knife to remove the vein from the backside of the shrimp. Rinse the shrimp with clean water after removing the vein.
- 1/2 kg prawns, peeled w/ tails intact, butterflied
- pinch of salt
- pinch of ground pepper
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- oil for frying
- Salted Egg Sauce:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10 -12 pcs curry leaves or chili leaves
- 2 pcs chillies, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cube Knorr Shrimp Cube
- 4 -6 pcs salted egg yolk, mashed