Easy Pinoy Salted Egg Prawns
Dive into this rich and fragrant Singaporean inspired, Salted Egg Prawns; deep fried and coated with butter, salted egg, curry leaves and Knorr Shrimp Cube.
Tips of how to clean shrimp: Use a small knife or a pairing knife, and may a small cut at the back of the shrimp all the way down to the tail. Use the tip of the knife to remove the vein from the backside of the shrimp. Rinse the shrimp with clean water after removing the vein.
- 1/2 kg prawns, peeled w/ tails intact, butterflied
- pinch of salt
- pinch of ground pepper
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- oil for frying
- Salted Egg Sauce:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10 -12 pcs curry leaves or chili leaves
- 2 pcs chillies, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cube Knorr Shrimp Cube
- 4 -6 pcs salted egg yolk, mashed
- Begin by flavoring the prawns with salt and pepper before dredging it in cornstarch. Now, get a saucepan ready and make it nice and hot over medium to medium high heat. Pour cooking oil in and when hot enough, deep fry the prawns. Cook until the color changes. Remove and drain the prawns and allow to sit in a plate lined with paper towels to drain off excess oil. Set this aside.
- Get a sauté pan ready and make it nice and hot over medium heat. Melt the butter and throw in the garlic, curry or chili leaves and chilies. Cook until the leaves are crispy.
- Drop in the Knorr Shrimp Cube. Stir to dissolve then add the mashed salted egg yolks. Stir again and blend well.
- Return the fried prawns into the pan, toss until they are evenly coated with the sauce. And that's it! All you need is a big serving of rice because this restaurant quality food is now ready to be enjoyed by the whole family. It's simply delicious!