Pinais na Alimasag Recipe
This dish combines the rich seafood flavor of crabs combined with onions, coconut meat and creamy coconut sauce; stuffed and steamed in crab shells.
When cooking with Coconut Milk, let the dish slowly simmer at low to medium heat, to ensure full flavors are extracted and infused in the meat. Do not let the dish boil, to prevent the sauce from breaking or curdling.
- 5 pcs. crabs (approx 250 g. each)
- 1 (33g) Knorr Ginataang Gulay Recipe Mix
- 1 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 2-inch pc. ginger, chopped
- 1 pc. onion, chopped
- 1 pc. red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 pc. green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup buko meat, cut into strips
- Begin by combining crabs and water in a pot. Bring to a boil until crabs are cooked (once shells change color).
- Get another pot and combine Knorr Ginataang Gulay Recipe Mix and water. Mix well, bring to a boil and simmer until thick.
- Remove crabmeat from the shells and chop. Combine the crabmeat with ginger, onion, and buko meat in a bowl. Add half of the prepared gata sauce and mix well.
- Fill the crab shells with the meat mixture and top with bell peppers. Wrap in banana leaves and place in a steamer for 10 minutes. And that’s our dish! When you serve this to your family, everyone will be in awe at how good this dish is. They will be busy eating and savouring the flavour of Pinais na Alimasag!
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy