Sour and Spicy Shrimp Soup Recipe
This Thai inspired dish uses the rich seafood taste of shrimps combined with the tangy flavors of Knorr Sinigang mixed with fresh spices and lemongrass.
You can replace Galangal with ginger but there will be a slight difference in taste. Ginger offers a fresh, sweet-yet-spicy taste, while galangal's flavor is sharper, spicier, and slightly more peppery.
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 k shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 cups water
- 1 (20g) pack Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original
- 4 pcs red chilis, chopped and pounded
- 2 pcs kaffir lime leaves
- 1 pc galangal, 2-inch slice
- 1 pc lemongrass, trimmed and pounded
- 2 pcs coriander, chopped
- fish sauce to taste
- Here’s a very simple sour and spicy soup you can whip up any time of the week. All you need to do is to get a pot and fill it with water. Over high heat, boil the water then drop in the shrimp and Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and let this simmer until shrimp is thoroughly cooked. Season with fish sauce and that’s our dish!
- Who wouldn’t want to eat something as comforting as Sour and Spicy Shrimp? You will definitely crave for more when you try this.
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy