Tinolang Halaan Recipe
This rainy day comfort food recipes combines the rich seafood flavor coming from the clams cooked in the spiced ginger broth soup.
Make sure that you clean the clams starting from the outside shell and let them soak in water to expel any impurities from the inside. Replace the water several times during the soaking to get the best results.
- 1 kg halaan, cleaned
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pc medium onion, sliced
- 2 inch ginger, peeled and sliced
- 5 cups water
- 1 (20g) Knorr Sinigang Original Mix
- dahon ng sili
- First, you need to brush the halaan using a clean toothbrush to remove any impurities and then soak it in lukewarm water for 1 hour to allow the shell to spit out any unwanted sand or dirt. After an hour, discard the water.
- Next, get a saucepan and make it nice and hot over medium heat. Pour a little oil and sauté two cloves of crushed garlic, one medium sliced onion and 2 slices of ginger. Cook until you can smell the lovely aroma from the cooked vegetables.
- Drop in the halaan and pour 5 cups of water, then add Knorr Sinigang Original Mix next.
- Bring to a boil then slowly switch to low fire and simmer only until shells are opened. And that’s our dish! Tinolang Halaan is such a feel good soup that’s why you should cook this more often at home. Your family will cheer for you all the way – from your cooking time in the kitchen to eating time at the dinner table.
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy