Seafood Sinigang Recipe
This dish uses the rich and flavorful flavors of shrimps, fish, mussels and clams combined with fresh vegetables, served in a tamarind sour soup.
Shrimps are a good source of vitamins and minerals including Omega3 fatty acids which help promote good heart health and brain development.
- 12 pcs large mussels, cleaned and bearded
- 12 pcs large clams, bearded
- 12 pcs medium shrim, with shells
- 5 cups rice washing / water
- 1 (40g) pack Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original
- 1 pc large onion, sliced
- 3 pcs medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 pc bundle sitaw, cut into 2-inch length
- 2 pcs large eggplant, sliced
- ½ kg fish fillet, cut into big chunks
- 1 pc small bundle kangkong leaves with young stalks only
- Scrub and rinse mussels, clams, and shrimps in cold running water. Drain and set aside.
- In a big sauce pot, pour rice washing (or water) and add Knorr Sinigang Original Mix. Let it boil over moderate heat.
- Reduce heat and add the onions, tomatoes, string beans, and eggplants.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are done.
- Add the fish chunks and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the mussels, clams and shrimps. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until mussels and clams have opened and shrimps turned orange in color.
- Lastly add the kangkong and simmer for 1 minute. Serve while warm.
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy