Seafood Chowder Recipe
This simple and elegant creamy seafood dish uses the the fresh flavors from shrimp, mussels and fish fillet served in a creamy and delicious soup
Since cream breaks easily, it is not wise to boil the cream once it is added to the soup. You just want to heat this at a bare simmer.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ kg mussels, cleaned
- ¼ kg shrimp, shelled and deveined ¼ kg squid, cut into rings
- ¼ kg fish fillet, cut into 2''-inch lengths
- 1 pack Knorr Cream of Corn Soup
- 4 cups water or fish stock
- 2 pcs potatoes, cut into small cubes 1⁄2 cup cream
- pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat a large pot and throw in the onions and garlic. Cook the vegetables until they are soft and give off a wonderful aroma. Toss in the seafood and cook this for half a minute.
- Dissolve Knorr Cream of Corn Soup in water then pour this into the pot.
- Throw the potatoes in and cook this until the soup is thick and the potatoes are fork tender.
- Flavor the soup with the addition of pepper then give it one last stir.
- The soup is ready and is best enjoyed with a serving of toasted bread. Truly, you will be hailed a hero of your household for treating your family to this comforting dish.
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy