Crab Cakes with Curry Sauce Recipe
This unique dish combines the rich seafood flavor of crabs mixed with bell peppers and mayonnaise to give it a little sweetness, topped with thick curry sauce.
Crab is packed with protein, which is important for building and maintaining muscle. Crab also contains high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B12 which help fight chronic diseases.
- 1/2 kg crab meat
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc red bell pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pc egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 3 tbsp calamansi juice
- 33 g (1 pack) Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay
- 1 cup water
- 2 -3 tbsp curry powder
- 1 cup all purpose cream
- In a bowl, combine crab meat, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, bell pepper, mayonnaise, egg, Knorr Liquid Seasoning and calamansi juice. Mix well. Scoop half a cup of the mixture, shape into a ball then flatten to create a patty. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Pre-heat oil then pan-fry crab cakes over medium heat, for around 3-4 minutes per side.
- In a another pot, combine water, curry powder and Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay. Bring to a boil then simmer until thick. Add cream, mix well, and turn off heat.
- Pour the sauce over crab cakes just before serving.