Paella Marinara Recipe
This Spanish traditional rice dish uses the sweet flavors of sautéed vegetables, combined with the rich seafood flavors of shrimps, mussels and squid.
Saffron is the world's most expensive spice because each saffron flower is hand-picked to collect just three stigmas per flower, so be very careful in using this ingredient in your recipe.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 pcs Knorr Shrimp Cubes
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups short-grain rice, uncooked
- 1/2 tsp saffron
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3- 4 cups water
- 1/4 kg shrimp, trimmed
- 1/4 kg mussels, cleaned
- 1/4 kg squid, cut into rings
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 2 pcs hard-boiled egg, quartered
- First, prepare a pan and make it nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onion and garlic and just sauté until the vegetables give off a nice aroma. Add the tomato paste next then the Knorr Shrimp Cubes. Mash and stir well.
- Toss in the green and red bell pepper then allow these to sweat for a minute before adding the rice. Stir well then gradually pour the water and saffron. Just stir and bring this to boil then reduce heat to simmer.
- At this point, you need to cover your pan with foil to trap the steam inside and allow the rice to cook evenly without reducing the liquid or drying out the liquid. Your rice should be done in 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once the rice is almost done, arrange the seafood on top together with the peas. Cover the pan with the foil and cook until done. Check after 5 - 10 minutes more.
- Serve Paella Marinara with quartered egg and lemon wedges and that’s our dish! How can anyone not love Paella especially when it’s topped with different seafood meats? Your family will definitely insist that you cook this more often!