Stuffed Tempura with Wasabi Mayo Dip Recipe
This dish combines the rich seafood flavors of shrimp with crab fat stuffing infused with Knorr shrimp flavors, coated and fried, served with Wasabi Mayo dip.
You can easily devein a shrimp using a toothpick or a pairing knife. Insert the toothpick or skewer between the shell gaps through the back of the shrimp, then at an angle, try to remove the back vein by lifting it out.
- 12 pcs. tiger prawns, shelled with tail intact
- 1 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1 pc. Knorr Shrimp Broth Cubes, mashed
- 1 cup crabmeat
- flour for coating
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup
- cold water
- 1 pc. whole egg, beaten
- For the Wasabi-Mayo Dip:
- 1 cup Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. wasabi powder
- 1 tsp. water
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- First, let's prepare the shrimp by deveining it and making a slit along the bottom side of the prawns to create pockets.
- Next, combine pesto sauce, mashed Knorr Shrimp Cube and crabmeat in a bowl and mix well. Spoon the mixture into the prawn pockets and press well.
- For the next step, coat the prawns with flour, shaking off any excess. Place in the ref for at least 15 minutes to set.
- Now that we have the stuffed prawn ready, let’s make the tempura batter. Just mix together flour, cold water and egg until smooth. Dip the stuffed prawns in the batter and deep-fry in a preheat oil until they are crisp and brown. Remove the prawns and just place on top of a plate lined with paper towels.
- Tempura won’t be complete without the dipping sauce. Combine all the ingredients for the dipping sauce, mix well and that’s our dish! Serve Stuffed Tempura with Mayo Wasabi Dip as an appetizer, salad, sandwich or main dish. The possibilities are endless because this dish is truly addicting!