Crunchy Calamares Recipe in 15 Minutes
There's no denying that deep-fried food is heaven-sent on any given day. Who can resist their fantastic crunch and flavor? Why do you think so many Filipino street food go through the fryer? French fries, fish balls, dynamite, and siomai are dependable picks. But what can outshine all these is a good calamares recipe. With the help of some pantry staples and easy cooking techniques, you can already make restaurant-quality golden squid rings. Master this Pinoy-style calamares recipe to achieve a crisp coating and avoid rubbery results. The best part is it only takes 15 minutes to replicate. Next time the craving hits, bring out this recipe and get cooking.
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1/2 cup Lady’s Choice Real Mayonnaise
- 1 pc Knorr Chicken Cube, mashed
- 2-3 pcs eggs, beaten
- 500 g medium squid, cleaned, peeled, and sliced into rings
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooking oil
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Make the sriracha mayo: Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix Knorr Chicken Cube and eggs until well combined. Add squid and season with pepper.
- Heat oil in a deep-frying pan over medium flame.
- Dredge squid in cornstarch, shaking off any excess. Cook squid in batches, dropping one ring at a time. Fry until golden brown, then drain on a paper towel or wire rack. Serve immediately with sriracha mayo.
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy
- Wheat Free