Shrimp Sinigang Recipe
Create our easy to follow recipe for Shrimp Sinigang. This tamarind-based sour soup uses the flavors of shrimp, vegetables and Knorr Sinigang sa Sapalok Mix.
Tamarind or sampaloc contains antioxidants that help control and reduce inflammation in the body.
- 4 cups rice washing
- 1 pc medium onion, quartered
- 3 pcs tomatoes, quartered
- 500 g. fresh medium shrimps, with head, shell and tail intact
- 1 pc long green chili, slitted
- 1/2 pc radish, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 1 pc medium eggplant, sliced diagonally
- 3 pcs okra, sliced diagonally
- 4 pcs sitaw, sliced into 3 inches
- 1 cup kangkong stalks, sliced into 3 inches
- 1 cup kangkong leaves
- 1 (20g) pack Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original
- Begin by using the water from when you washed your rice and pour this into the pot together with the onions and tomatoes. Bring this to a simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Throw in the shrimp, long green chilli, radish, eggplant and okra and let this simmer until cooked through. Make sure that you have removed the black veins from the back of the shrimp with the help of a sharp pairing knife and that you have washed the head in cold running water because this is where the shrimp feces comes out.
- Long beans, kangkong stalks and leaves are added at the last minute before pouring in the Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original. Give this a gentle stir and allow to simmer for a few minutes. If you want more of that “asim kilig” goodness, try using 1 (40g) pack of Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original.
- With a bowl of patis and calamansi, and steaming hot rice, what more can your family ask for.
- Without milk
- Egg Free
- Lactose Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy