Ginisang Sardinas at Ampalaya
This dish combines the fresh and slightly bitter taste of ampalaya with the savory and tangy taste of tomato based sardines, infused with garlic and onion
To remove or lessen the bitter taste of ampalaya, you can try to soak the sliced ampalaya in salted water for at least 30 mins before use. Rinse it with cold water before adding to your dish to remove excess salt.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 pc onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 pc ampalaya sliced thinly
- 1 can (155g) sardines
- 1/2 pc Knorr Chicken Cube
- 1/2 cup water
- Get a medium pan, make it nice and warm over high-medium heat. Add a little oil and sauté garlic and onion until soft and aromatic.
- Lower the heat to medium then add the sliced ampalaya, continue to cook until half cooked.
- Add water and Knorr Chicken Cube, then continue to simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the sardines and gently stir to combine.
- Serve hot and enjoy!