Spicy Shrimp Monggo Recipe
Create our delicious and easy to follow recipe for Spicy Shrimp Monggo made special with Knorr Shrimp Cubes. Prepare a perfect healthy meal for your family.
You can soak monggo for a minimum of 1 hour but the longer you soak the less time you need to cook them. Make sure to remove the floating particles on top. You don’t want any dirt on your dish.
- 1 cup whole monggo beans
- 4 cups water
- 7 cloves garlic, mashed
- 3 pcs medium-sized red tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pc medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 pcs Knorr Pork Cubes
- 1/4 cup suahe, shelled
- 2 pcs siling haba, sliced thinly
- 1 cup sili leaves
- Since monggo is a seed, you need to wash them in water to get rid of the unwanted dirt they might have collected. And since monggo is a kind of dried bean, you need to soak them in water to soften them because seeds absorb water. You can soak monggo for a minimum of 1 hour. Make sure to remove the floating particles on top.
- Once your beans are soft enough, get a pan and make it nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and sauté the garlic, onions and tomatoes in a saucepan for about 2 minutes or more. Pour in the monggo beans and water before adding the Knorr Pork Cubes. Turn the fire to low, cover the pot and just simmer for an hour, or until monggo is tender. Don’t forget to stir occasionally.
- When the monggo is tender, drop in the suahe and siling haba, stir then simmer. Finally, top with the sili leaves and turn off the heat and that’s our dish. All you need is a big serving of rice for this Spicy Shrimp Monggo is enough to make your day!