Inihaw na Tambakol Recipe
This dish uses the fresh seafood taste of a local tuna variety, Tambakol, stuffed with tomatoes and onions; grilled to give it a charred and smokey flavor.
Tambakol is the Tagalog name for a particular kind of tuna. It is a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids that help reduce heart disease and other chronic diseases.
- 1 kilogram Tambakol, cleaned (tuna fillet)
- 1/4 cup Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 10 g (1 pack) Knorr Sinigang Original
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup kinchay, chopped
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Begin by slicing the Tambakol on its belly. Clean and wash to remove excess blood and dirt. Season well with Knorr Liquid Seasoning and half of the Knorr Sinigang Original.
- In a bowl combine tomatoes, onions and kinchay and season with the remaining Knorr Sinigang Original and pepper.
- Stuff tomato mixture in the fish cavity. Grill over hot charcoal. Let the fish cook for around 3-4 minutes per side before flipping to prevent it from sticking to the grill.
- Expect hugs and kisses when you serve Inihaw na Tambakol to your family. It's that good!
- Egg Free
- Nut Free