Tasty Poached Cream Dory in Sour Soup Recipe
This heart healthy dish uses the rich seafood flavor of cream dory gently poached in a sweet tamarind broth sour soup, topped with capers, celery and tomatoes
Poaching is a moist heat method of cooking by submerging food in some kind of liquid and heating at a low temperature. This is a technique that is used to cook delicate proteins such as fish, chicken, and eggs, as well as some fruits and vegetables.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pc celery, brunoise
- 2 pcs tomatoes, brunoise
- 1/4 cup capers
- 2 cups water
- 1 (20 g) Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original
- 1/2 kg cream dory fillets
- fish sauce to taste
- Begin by getting your pan nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and throw in the celery and tomatoes. Add the capers next.
- In goes the water with the Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Original. Let this boil before reducing the heat to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Gently place the cream dory fillets and poach until cooked through. You may turn off the heat because of residual cooking or at least remember that the heat source should be at the lowest temperature because fish cooks quickly.
- Now give your broth a nice seasoning of fish sauce. And that’s our dish! How healthy can you get with this Tasty Poached Creamy Dory in Sour Soup? All you need now is a bowl of rice and the company of your family. Mmm, how yummy!
- Egg Free
- Nut Free