Tinolang Tahong Recipe
This classic heart healthy dish uses the spiced flavors of ginger broth soup infused with Knorr Fish flavor combined with the rich seafood flavor of tahong
When choosing mussels (tahong), it should look wet and smell like the ocean, salty and clean. If they smell a little funky, or many of them appear to be open already, then do not buy them.
- ½ kg tahong, cleaned
- 2 cups water
- 1 pc. Knorr Fish Cube
- 1 pc. onion, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 2 - inch pc. ginger, sliced
- 2 pcs. tomatoes, quartered
- ½ pc small papaya or sayote, cut into small wedges
- fish sauce, to taste
- Here’s a one pot dish that will only require less than 15 minutes to cook. All you need to do is combine all the ingredients in a pot and bring everything to a boil. Once the liquid is boiling, bring the heat to low and slowly cook until the mussels have opened and the vegetables are cooked through.
- Make sure to mix the dish well and that you taste it from time to time so you can make the necessary flavour adjustments.
- Simple yet more than satisfying. This hot bowl of tahong tinola is best enjoyed with family at the table.
- Without milk
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy