Pinaputok na Isda Recipe
This classic dish uses the rich seafood taste of fish marinated in Knorr seasoning, stuffed with the tomatoes and onions; grilled for added smoked flavor.
Make sure to thoroughly clean the banana leaves that will be used for wrapping by using cold water. Pat dry using a paper tower after cleaning to remove excess moisture before using.
- 1 large pompano, cleaned and slitted to create a pocket for stuffing
- 4 tbsp Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 1/2 cup calamansi juice
- ground black pepper
- 2 pcs onions, sliced
- 2 pcs tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tbsp wansuy chopped
- banana leaves (enough to cover the fish)
- First, you need to marinate the fish with a mixture of Knorr Liquid Seasoning, calamansi juice, and pepper. Rub it well to evenly coat the fish.
- Next, stuff the fish with onion, tomatoes, and wansuy filling before wrapping in banana leaves.
- Make sure you have some pre-heated hot coal ready and grill the fish until cooked through. Serve with your favourite condiment and that’s our dish! You need not go to the province to experience Pinaputok na Isda. Recreate and make this at home and see how your family will insist you cook this for them more often.
- Without milk
- Egg Free
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- Nut Free
- Diet Paleo
- Wheat Free