Steamed Lapu-Lapu in Soy-Sesame Sauce Recipe
Create our delicious and easy to follow recipe for Steamed Lapu-Lapu made extra special with Knorr Liquid Seasoning. Enjoy it with your family!
The best way to tell if your fish is done is by testing it with a fork at an angle, at the thickest point, and twist gently. The fish will flake easily when it's done and it will lose its translucent or raw appearance.
- 1.5 kg Lapu-lapu, cleaned
- 1/4 cup Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 pc onion, sliced thinly
- 1 stalk leek, sliced thinly
- 1/2 pc carrot, sliced into strips
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 -3 tbsp sugar
- slurry (cornstarch dissolved in water) to thicken, as needed
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Optional: Serve with steamed or garlic sauteed spinach or bok-choi on the side
- Begin by seasoning fish with Knorr Liquid Seasoning and pepper and then drizzle with sesame oil. Transfer the fish in a heatproof container and top it with onion, leeks, and carrots. Cook in a steamer until the fish is done. This will take about 8 to 10 minutes depending on the size of the fish. A one inch thick fish will cook for about 10 minutes.
- Let’s now make the sauce to go with the fish. In a pot, combine water, light soy sauce and sugar. Just let this boil and thicken with a slurry. Off heat, drizzle with sesame oil.
- Here’s a nice way of presenting your dish! Transfer the fish in a nice platter then pour the sauce over just before serving. Best served with steamed or garlic sautéed spinach or bok-choi on the side!
- Without milk
- Egg Free
- Lactose Free
- Nut Free
- Diet Paleo
- Suitable For Pregnancy