Sinigang na Fried Bangus
This dish combines the fresh flavor of bangus mixed with the sour and savory taste of the tamarind based broth mixed with fresh vegetables.
Bangus (or Milkfish) is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids that help in development of the brain and memory of children, prevents heart disease and can control cholesterol levels.
- ½ kg bangus, cut cut into 1½–inch thick pcs
- 4 cups rice washing (hugas bigas)
- 2 pcs. onions, quartered
- 4 pcs native tomatoes, quartered
- 1 (20g) pack Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original
- 2 pcs, long green chili
- ½ pc radish sliced diagonally
- 4 pcs. okra, sliced into half
- 4 pcs. sigarilyas, sliced into half
- Let’s begin by just seasoning the bangus in salt and pepper. Fry until brown in color. Once cooked, set aside.
- Get a pot and place the rice washing (hugas bigas), onions and tomatoes in. Bring this to a boil before simmering for 8 minutes.
- Gently add the fried bangus with the Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original, chili, radish, okra, and sigrilyas. Just allow to simmer until the vegetables are cooked through. Taste and see if you need to adjust the seasoning.
- Ta-da! Now, you have a wonderful dish to present to the family! This Sinigang na Fried Bangus will bring smiles to their faces.
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy