Surf and Turf Sinigang Recipe
This dish combines the flavors of seafood and meat mixed with the fresh flavors of vegetables, combined in a sour soup broth.
You can add Malunggay leaves to the soup to give it more freshness and boost the nutrients of the dish.
- 4 cups rice washing (hugas bigas) or plain water
- 2 pcs onions, quartered
- 2 pcs tomatoes, quartered
- 2 pcs gabi, quartered
- 1 pc green chili (sili pansigang)
- 1/4 kg shrimp, trimmed
- 1/4 kg Maya-maya, cut into serving pcs.
- 1 pack Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Original 20g
- 1/4 pc radish, sliced
- 4 pcs okra, sliced
- 1 cup long beans or sitaw, sliced
- 1/4 kg pork sukiyaki, sautéed
- 1 cup kangkong, sliced
- Begin by boiling rice washing (hugas bigas) in a pot filled with onions, tomatoes, green chilli and gabi. Cook until gabi is tender.
- Gently add the shrimp, maya-maya and Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Original. Let this simmer until cooked through.
- Now drop in the radish, okra, and long beans. Let these simmer for a minute then add pork sukiyaki and kangkong last. Cover for a minute and that’s our dish!
- Surf and Turf Sinigang is for everybody who wants either seafood or meat or both combined. Whatever the preference is, this is home!
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy