Seafood and Lime Sinigang
This dish combines the sweet and sour taste of the tamarind vegetable soup with the rich sea flavors of the shrimp, shellfish, mussels and squid.
Tamarind (Sampalok) is a good source of antioxidants and it also has anti-inflammatory properties that are highly beneficial to our body.
- 4 cups rice washing (hugas bigas)
- 3 pcs onions, quartered
- 4 pcs native tomatoes, quartered
- 2 pcs fresh long green chilis
- 1⁄4 kg. mussels, cleaned
- 1⁄4 kg. shrimp, trimmed and cleaned
- 2 pcs. squid, small, cleaned, cut into rings
- juice from 1 pc. of lime
- 1 pack Knorr Sinigang sa Samaplaok 2-in-1 Mix
- 4 pcs okra, sliced into half
- 1/2 bunch kangkong, sliced into 2-inch lengths
- Begin by boiling rice washing (hugas bigas) with onions, tomatoes and chilli in a pot.
- Throw in the mussels, shrimp, and squid next and just bring to a boil before lowering to a simmer. Make sure to check once in a while because shrimp cooks fast. As soon as the shrimp changes color and the mussels open, it’s done!
- Now, add the lime juice and Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok 2-in-1 Mix. Then, add the remaining vegetables and allow to simmer for just a minute. Give this a nice seasoning and that’s our dish!
- Make sure you prepare a big serving of rice because you will simply eat more than usual!
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Diet Paleo
- Suitable For Pregnancy