Pinoy Spaghetti Sauce Made Creamy With Mayonnaise
Pinoy spaghetti is always a hit at every birthday party, Noche Buena, and potluck dinner. Kids and kids-at-heart can’t get enough of the sweetish spaghetti sauce loaded with ground beef and hotdogs. It’s not like any other spaghetti in the world because it’s a dish that brings back memories with family and friends.
But did you know that this party favorite can get even better? Here’s the trick to take it up a notch: add mayonnaise to the sauce. Unusual? Definitely. But the mayo makes the sauce extra smooth and creamy. Here’s the new spaghetti sauce recipe to replace your current go-to!
Instead of plain water, use pasta boiling water to make your sauce thick and glossy. Try serving this sauce with other noodles like macaroni or fettuccine as well.
- 500 g spaghetti noodles
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 2 pcs medium onions, chopped finely
- 500 g ground beef
- 2 pcs red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and chopped finely
- 1 pc carrot, chopped finely
- 1 pc bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 pcs jumbo hotdogs, sliced diagonally into rings
- 1 (825-g) pouch sweet-style spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise
- grated cheese