30-Minute Holiday Chicken Macaroni Salad
You can’t let the season pass without making macaroni salad! Try a loaded sweet-savory chicken macaroni salad for a twist on the classic. It uses surprising ingredients like condensed milk and pineapple tidbits, but everything is just right for the Filipino palate. Before you know it, you’ll be scarfing this down for merienda every day until New Year.
This chicken macaroni salad recipe works as a refreshing side for inihaw or on its own as a cold pasta. Bookmark this recipe and save it for the summer, too – it’s perfect for beachside picnics. A tip for the parents out there: this also makes for a well-balanced and energizing baon, full of protein, fat, and carbs.
- 1 (700-ml) bottle Lady’s Choice Real Mayonnaise
- 1 small can condensed milk
- 1 cup sliced cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup minced carrots
- 2 tbsp minced onions
- 1/2 cup pickle relish, drained
- 1/2 cup diced cooked ham
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 400 g macaroni, cooked al dente