Tempura Salad With Wasabi-Mayo Dressing
Try our signature tempura salad that's topped with wasabi and Lady's Choice Mayonnaise for that rich and creamy taste.
- For the tempura:
- 6 pcs prawns, shelled (tail-on) and deveined
- 1 cup tempura batter mix (showa), prepared accdg. to pack directions
- oil as needed
- For the Wasabi-Mayo Dressing:
- 1 cup Lady's Choice real mayonnaise
- 1 tsp wasabi powder
- 1 tsp water
- 2 tsps rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 head iceberg or romaine lettuce, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pack arugula, trimmed
- 1 pc cucumber, sliced into strips
- 2 pcs plum tomatoes, sliced into strips
- 1 pc ripe mango, sliced into strips
- prepared tempura
- prepared Wasabi-Mayo Dressing
- 1 tbsp black and white sesame seeds, toasted
- Pre-heat oil for deep-frying. Dip prawns in chilled tempura batter and deep-fry until crisp.
- Combine wasabi powder, water, and vinegar in bowl. Mix well. Add Lady’s Choice Real Mayonnaise and sesame oil, season according to taste, and mix well.
- Toss vegetables with the prepared dressing. Arrange on plate then top with the tempura and sesame seeds. You may drizzle additional dressing if preferred.