Tokwa't Baboy Salad Recipe
This dish combines the rich flavors of pork with garden fresh lettuce leaves tossed in a heart healthy sweet and sour olive oil based dressing.
Olive oil contains a large amounts of powerful antioxidants that help reduce the risk of chronic diseases and also fights inflammation.
- 1/4 kg tenga ng baboy
- 1 liter water
- 1 pc Knorr Pork Cube
- 1 pc tokwa, cut into strips
- 2 pcs red onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 liter fry oil
- 1/4 kg Romaine lettuce, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 tbsp Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- 4 tbsp white sugar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 pc siling labuyo, chopped
- Let’s begin by making our pork tenga tender. Boil the tenga with water and Knorr Pork Cubes. Just let this simmer for an hour until the tenga is soft. Remove and cut into dice.
- In the meantime, get another pan nice and hot over high heat and fill it with oil. Fry the tokwa until crispy. Drain on top of a plate lined with paper towels.
- Here’s something different, instead of just adding sliced onions, coat the onions with flour and fry them as well until golden brown.
- Now that our salad components are ready, let’s prepare the dressing. Just mix the Knorr Liquid Seasoning, vinegar, sugar, sili, and olive oil in a blender and that’s it! Our dish is done!
- Toss the tokwa, tenga and romaine lettuce, then top it with the fried onions. Drizzle some of that dressing over and be prepared to be overwhelmed because this dish will disappear in less than 5 minutes! It’s incredibly good!