Savory Beef Salad Recipe
This dish combines the fresh flavors of the garden green with the sweet and slightly sour asian dressing sauce, topped with savory beef tenderloin strips.
Remember to let the meat rest after searing. Meat resting is needed by the meat so that the juices and flavors of the meat redistribute within the meat and not just flow away.
- ½ kg beef tenderloin
- 1 pc Knorr Beef Cube
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pc. lemongrass, sliced
- 1 tbsp shallots, chopped
- 4 pcs. mint leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ cup lime juice
- 4 pcs. coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 pcs. dried chili
- 3 pcs. spring onions, chopped
- sugar and fish sauce, to taste
- mixed greens, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces as needed
- Let’s begin by making a paste made by mashing Knorr Beef Cube mixed with 3 tbsps. of olive oil in a mortar and pestle. Now, use this to rub the beef tenderloin with.
- Get a pan and make it nice and hot over high heat. Pour a bit of low fat oil and sear the tenderloin until medium rare or your preferred doneness. For a 1 inch sliced beef tenderloin, searing for 1 -2 minutes will give you a medium rare finish.Make sure to let the meat rest before slicing across the grain into half-inch chunks.
- In a stainless steel bowl, mix together lemongrass, shallots, mint leaves, lime juice, coriander leaves, dried chili and spring onions. Season to taste with fish sauce and sugar.
- Plate your dish in a salad bowl with the greens at the bottom and the seared beef loin pieces at the top. Drizzle with lime juice mixture and that’s our dish!
- Who would’ve thought that something as healthy as this recipe would be delicious too? This Savory Beef Salad is surely going to be a hit - even among those who generally don’t like salads!