Lechon Belly Roll Recipe
Create our delicious and easy to follow recipe for Lechon Belly Roll. Made more delicious with Knorr Pork Cubes and Knorr Liquid Seasoning.
Turbo Broiled, Over Grilled or Deep Fried
- 1 (2-3) kg whole piece pork belly
- 1/4 cup rock salt (for rubbing skin)
- 4 -6 pcs lemon grass stalks (bulb/white ends portion), pounded
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 2 pcs Knorr Pork Cubes, crumbled
- Knorr Liquid Seasoning-Vinegar Dip:
- 1/4 cup Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 pcs shallots, chopped
- 2 pcs 2 pcs sili labuyo
- sugar and black pepper to taste
- Optional: Atcharang Labanos
- 3 pcs labanos, thinly sliced
- 1 pc red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 -1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cracked peppercorns
- 1 tsp salt
- Every good dish starts with a fabulous marinade. Begin by rubbing rock salt on the skin side of the pork belly. Massage until the salt dissolves.
- Next, get a bowl and combine the garlic, shallots, peppercorns and crumbled Knorr Pork Cubes. Rub this mixture onto the meat-side of the belly then spread the mixture out. Line the lemongrass on the middle portion of the belly and roll to enclose the garlic mixture and lemongrass. Secure belly with roasting/trussing tie.
- Let's now prepare the belly for roasting. Pat the skin of the pork dry before putting into the turbo broiler, oven or griller. Cook over medium-low heat for an hour then raise the temp to high for another 30 to 40 minutes or until the skin is crispy. You may also deep fry the pork belly in hot oil. Start with a temperature of over medium-low heat for 20 minutes then increase the heat again until the skin is brown and crispy.
- Make sure that when you slice the pork belly roll, it has rested for at least 5 -10 minutes, to prevent the juices from spilling out. Best serve with the Knorr Liquid Seasoning-Vinegar Dip and a side of Atcharang Labanos, and you will definitely eat more than usual.
- Combine all ingredients. Let set for at least 4 hours or longer. Serve on the side.
- Without milk
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy