Herb Roasted Chicken with Feta Cheese Recipe
This Greek inspired dish combines the rich flavor of roasted chicken mixed with oregano and lemon, served with sweet potatoes and feta cheese.
Remember to baste the chicken at least every 20 minutes to prevent the meat from drying out and to make the chicken more flavorful.
- olive oil (as needed)
- 1½ kg whole chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Knorr Chicken Powder
- 200 g feta cheese (cubed)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled and smashed)
- 1 pc lemon (wedge)
- Prepare to roast this whole chicken by first preheating your oven to 220 degrees Celsius or (428F).
- The next step is to give that whole chicken a good sprinkle of salt, pepper and oregano and place this on top of a rack in a baking tray that has been drizzled with olive oil. Surround the sweet potatoes all over and drizzle some more of that olive oil.
- For that freshness and tanginess, pour lemon juice over the chicken and sweet potatoes before adding in the smashed garlic and a tablespoon of Knorr Chicken Powder.
- Since the oven is hot enough, place the chicken in and sear this for 15 minutes to give it a nice brown color. Bring down the temperature to 180 degrees Celsius (350F) and cook for 120 minutes until chicken is brown and tender. Don’t forget to baste the chicken frequently with the pan juices.
- To complete our Greek inspired dish, transfer the chicken onto a nice platter and add feta cheese cubes around it. Place an extra serving of lemon wedge to give this dish a more rustic appeal.
- Wait until your family tastes this delicious Herb Roasted Chicken with Feta, they will surely love you more for it!
- NOTE: NO PRODUCT DISPLAY, NO PICTURE, NO YIELD, NO PREP TIME/COOKING TIME