Inasal na Mais Recipe
This snack time recipe uses the garden fresh taste and texture of yellow sweet corn, grilled and seasoned; served with Inasal ginger dipping oil.
Annatto (Achuete) is not only used to give color to dishes but it is also said to be good for diabetes, diarrhea, fevers, fluid retention, heartburn, malaria, and hepatitis. They also use it as an antioxidant and bowel cleanser.
- 3 tbsp. annatto seed oil (atsuete)
- 4 pcs. sweet corn
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- ½ pc Knorr Chicken Cube
- pepper, to taste
- Begin by making the annatto seed oil by sautéing 1 tablespoon of atsuete seeds in 3 tablespoons vegetable oil. Once the seeds turn dark, remove and discard.
- Next, peel back corn husks - making sure they are still attached. Remove and discard silk or corn hair. Pull the husks back over the corn and let it soak in cold water for about 10 minutes (this is to prevent the corn from burning when grilling).
- Set the grill on high heat and grill the corn, rotating occasionally until the husks are slightly charred and corn is tender. This will take about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Get a bowl and combine softened butter, Knorr Liquid Seasoning, Knorr Chicken Cube, grated ginger and annatto seed oil.
- Carefully peel back husks with towel using a knife. Brush to coat the kernels with Knorr inasal mixture and that’s it. Serve hot with your favourite grilled meat or eat as is. This will definitely make your day.