Crispy Pata with Garlic Bagoong Recipe
This recipe combines two classic dishes. It combines the flavors and textures of the Filipino Classic crispy pata stuffed with flavorful garlic bagoong rice
When boiling the pork pata, use a large pot and place it over medium heat. Add enough water to cover the pata and bring this to a boil including the spices and aromatics, then lower the heat to simmer for 1 - 1.5 hours, or until tender and soft.
- 1 whole pork pata, deboned
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 2 pcs onions. quartered
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- 3 pcs. star anise
- 2 pcs Knorr Pork Cube
- water, to cover
- oil for deep frying
- Knorr Liquid Seasoning, as needed
- For the Garlic-Bagoong Rice, mix together:
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 tsp bagoong
- 1 tsp toasted garlic
- Pork knuckles or pata is a tough cut of meat. In order to come up with a crispy pata, you need to tenderize this first in water with Knorr Pork Cube, pepper, onions, garlic and star anise. Bring these to a boil over high heat and then reduce the heat to a simmer until the pork is tender. Drain the pata well and season with Knorr Liquid Seasoning.
- Let’s now move on to making the stuffing for the pata. Combine cooked rice, bagoong and toasted garlic and fill the pata with this mixture. Secure the sides with some twine(thick form of sinulid) to properly seal the filling inside.
- Now, get a pan that’s big enough to fit the pata and fill it with cooking oil. Get it nice and hot and deep-fry the stuffed pork until brown and crispy. Next, you have to remove it from the oil and place it on top of a tray lined with paper towels.
- Celebrate good company, good food, and even greater flavour with this Crispy Pata with Garlic Bagoong recipe. You’ll be talking about it for a long time even after the last bite.