Roast Pork Loin Recipe with Almond-Pesto Stuffing
This ideal holiday dish combines the earth and nutty flavors of almond and pesto sauce stuffed in a well-seasoned roasted pork loin coated with pesto crust.
Cook pork, roasts, and chops to 145 ºF internal temperature as measured with a food thermometer in the thickest part of the meat, then allow the meat to rest for 3-5 minutes before carving or consuming.
- 1.5 kg. pork loin, cut morcon-style (you may ask your butcher to do this for you)
- 4 -6 tbsp Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce (available in supermarkets)
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- flour, as needed
- 2 pcs. beaten egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- butcher's twine, as needed
- gravy sauce, as needed
- First, you need to season the pork loin with Knorr Liquid Seasoning and pepper. Next, lay the pork loin on a chopping board and spread half of the pesto sauce evenly on one side and then sprinkle the top with chopped almonds.
- You now have to gently roll the loin into a log, then seal and secure it with butcher’s twine by tying knots on both ends.
- Give the loin a nice breading layer by first coating it in flour. After, dip it in beaten eggs and finally roll it in a mixture of half pesto and breadcrumbs.
- Cook the pork roll by deep frying it in oil set at low-medium heat or bake in a 375 F oven for 30-45 minutes. Wait for it to cook and then you are done!
- Something as beautiful and delicious as this dish should not just be reserved for special occasions. As long as you’re with family, no matter what the time, there’s always something to celebrate.