Sinigang na Lechon Recipe
This dish uses the rich and thick flavor of lechon meat, cooked in a tamarind based soup mixed with gabi and fresh vegetables served in a tamarind broth soup
Taro (Gabi) is a great source of our dietary fiber. It has more than twice the amount of fiber as potatoes.
- 8 cups rice washing
- 3 pcs onions, quartered
- 4 pcs tomatoes, quartered
- 2 pcs gabi, quartered
- 1 kg lechon meat (lean) cut into serving portions
- 2 pcs sili pansigang
- 1 pc radish, sliced
- 4 pcs okra
- 1/2 bundle sitaw, sliced
- 1/2 bundle kangkong, sliced
- 40 g (1 pack) Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Original Mix
- Just like any simple sinigang dish, start by using the water from when you washed your rice and pour this into the pot together with the onions, tomatoes, gabi and lechon. Bring this to a boil then lower the heat to simmer and cook until the meat is fork tender.
- The addition of gabi mashed into the soup will make this sinigang rich and thick and definitely more delicious.
- Throw in the sili, radish and okra and let this simmer before adding the Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Original Mix, sitaw and kangkong. Stir well and cook this further for about a minute.
- Enjoy lechon and sinigang in one, you will definitely see big smiles greeting you at the dining table.
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy