Easy Canned Fish Yaki Onigiri Recipe
Take the Tik Tok tinned fish trend to the next level by learning how to make yaki onigiri using canned tuna or salmon as your filling. This recipe gives you flexibility in your fillings as well as in what kind of rice to use. You can use traditional Japanese rice or local short-grained rice dinorado, depending on what’s accessible to you. The beauty of this Yaki Onigiri recipe is once you learn how to make it, the possibilities are quite endless when it comes to the fillings that you can use. Think of this recipe as a tutorial to get the technique right so that you can be creative later on.
Serve this Yaki Onigiri as is or with a small piece of seaweed at the bottom for added flavor and a decorative touch.
- 2 cups Japanese rice or short grain rice (Dinurado)
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsps black sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tbsps Knorr Liquid Seasoning Original
- 1 can tuna in oil or canned salmon, drained well
- 1/4 cup Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Knorr Liquid Seasoning Original
- 1/2 tsp wasabi (optional)
- Without milk
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy
- Raw Food