Kani Sushi Recipe
Love crabsticks? Make them shine with Lady's Choice Mayonnaise to your kani sushi. Try this kani mayo maki version and watch everyone ask for your recipe.
- 1 cup Japanese rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 to 1/2 tbsp Japanese rice vinegar
- 2 tsps sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup Lady's Choice mayonnaise
- 1 tsp wasabi
- 4 to 6 pcs nori sheets (about 4x8 inches)
- 8 to 12 pcs kani / crab sticks
- Sushi Rice: Wash rice with water 3 times. Drain then add 1 cup water. Cook until soft. While rice is cooking, combine vinegar, sugar and salt. Mix well until sugar is dissolved. Once rice is cooked and while still hot, fluff rice using a wooden or plastic spoon. Do not use metal spoon. Drizzle vinegar mixture over the rice while continue fluffing gently. Set aside to cool completely.
- Mix Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise and wasabi in a small bowl. If you have a piping bag or squeeze bottle, transfer mayo mixture for easier dispensing.
- To assemble the sushi, lay Nori sheet on top of sushi mat then with clean hands, scoop about a handful of rice. Wet hands and finger with clean water so the rice wont stick to your hands/fingers. Spread and press rice on the Nori sheet. Leave about half an inch on the top portion of the sheet.
- Arrange the kani sticks horizontally on the lower edge of the sheet. Squeeze mayo mixture along the kani sticks.
- Start rolling the mat over the kani sticks. Make sure to roll tightly. Slice into 1 inch pieces. Do the same with rest of the ingredients. Serve with wasabi and Japanese soy sauce on the side.
- If you have remaining kani sticks and mayo mixture, shred kani sticks then mix with mayo. Top this on the slice sushi.